Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- Canna Butter Fruit Cake Cookies
This method uses infused Christmas magic cannabutter. In this video you will find out why fruit cake got a bad reputation, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully make Canna Butter Fruit Cake Cookies.
Thank you and let’s get infused.
Why fruit cake got a bad reputation
Somewhere along the line, fruit cake got a bad reputation and I won’t argue with anyone on that. My mission was to turn a fruit cake into a delicious Christmas cookie that everyone would love.
Fruit cake cookies combine sweet dried fruits (golden raisins and chopped dates), warm spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves), citrus (orange zest), crunchy toasted almonds and brandy.
Facts: All the flavors of the seasonal fruit cake and canna butter in an infused cookie not a fruit cake.
Chefs Notes: The bold flavors and colors of Christmas loaded with sweet maraschino cherries and candied green cherries. Forget the bad reputation because these cookies are the new definition of fruit cake.
What you will need to make Fruit Cake Cookies
Large and Medium Mixing Bowls
1-Cup Granulated white sugar
1-Cup Brown Sugar
1-Cup Canna Butter
2 Tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water
½ tsp salt
3 cups of flour
3/4 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup chopped dates
3/4 cup coarsely chopped maraschino cherries, drained, patted dry
1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted slivered almonds
1/2 cup chopped candied green cherries
1/2 cup brandy or bourbon
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to Make Cannabis Infused Fruit Cake Cookies
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 °F.
2. In 1-quart saucepan, heat raisins, dates and brandy to simmering over medium heat. Remove from heat; let stand 15 minutes. Drain; set aside. Discard liquid.
3. Cream together canna butter and white sugar and light brown sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time
5. Stir in vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
6. Dissolve baking soda in hot water
7. Add to batter along with salt
8. When that is done, fold in the flour
9. Add drained fruit, maraschino cherries, nuts and candied cherries by hand,
10. Drop two table spoons of cookie dough onto the baking sheet.
11. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes for the larger cookies, checking to make sure that the edges are baked completely and the middle is almost baked through but not quite.
12. Cool on the sheets completely.
Fact: Simmering the dried fruit in brandy helps to soften and make the dried fruit plumper, while also providing extra flavor.
Tip: No brandy? Try bourbon!
Chefs Notes: Pat maraschino cherries dry before chopping (and sometimes after) to avoid inadvertently adding extra liquid or color to the batter.
Thank you and Happy Infusing