Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to Make Forgotten Stash Canna Butter
This easy method makes canna butter using forgotten stash. In this video you will find out why old stash makes very potent cannabutter, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully make Forgotten Stash Canna Butter.
Thank You. Let’s get Infuzed.
Why Forgotten Stash Makes Very Potent Canna Butter
Ever stumbled across some forgotten stash in a box locked up on a shelf and wonder how good it really is after all this time?
Buying fresh is always better than smoking or vaping old stash. Put that stash to good use by making some potent forgotten stash canna butter.
Fact: The stash still contains THCa and lots of it so making edibles from older stash makes the THCa extraction very mellow tasting and potent with high amounts of THC.
Chef’s Notes: Shake and Trim is used all the time for cannabutter. Forgotten stash will produce great results, even when using older stash.
What You Will Need to Make Forgotten Stash Canna Butter
Mason jar with lid
Silicone Baking Matt
Butter Mold (Optional)
Instant Read Digital Thermometer
14 grams forgotten stash cannabis flower
How to Make Forgotten Stash- Canna Butter
1. Preheat the oven at 240ºF and preheat for up to 15 minutes. Place the oven rack in the center position.
2. Place the cannabis in the Mason jar and put the lid on finger tight.
3. Make an aluminum foil trough, and put the Mason jar on top of the trough. This will hold the jar in place and prevent it from rolling.
4. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Shake the Mason jar once half way through to spread the cannabis evenly inside the Mason jar.
5. Remove the Mason jar from the oven after 40 minutes the Mason jar and allow the cannabis to cool for 30 minutes.
6. Combine Cannabis, (Lecithin optional) and Clarified Butter in the Mason jar place lid on tight and shake.
7. Place Mason Jar in pot of water with dish towel or canning rack in bottom of pot to prevent jar from touching the bottom of pot. Make sure water level covers the contents of jar.
8. Bring the temperature up to 175 to 185 degrees.
9. Cook for 2 to 2.5 hours for the best results.
10. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
11. Strain through cheesecloth and pour in a clean Mason jar or butter mold and then place in refrigerator for about an hour until the butter hardens.
Chef’s Notes: If using butter molds- remove the butter from the mold once the butter is solid and wrap with plastic wrap and place canna butter in an air tight container.
Note: Always let the canna-butter sit at room temperature to soften for immediate use. Do not use a microwave to soften the butter.
Thank you and Happy Infusing………….