Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to Decarboxylate Shatter
Here’s an easy way to decarb Shatter. In this video you will find out why this glassy extract has a reputation for being potent, what you will need from your kitchen, and how too successfully decarboxylate shatter.
Thank You. Let’s get Infuzed.
Why This Glassy Extract has a Reputation for Being Potent
Shatter is a cannabis concentrate named after it’s hard, glass like consistency that cracks, or shatters, when broken apart. Shatter is a golden or amber color and the glass appearance takes place using specific extraction techniques with solvents like butane or other hydrocarbons.
Fact: The high percentage mark for cannabis flower tends to sit around 30% THC, shatter extracts can test up to 80% and 90% THC.
Chef’s Notes: Glassy shatter extract has a reputation for being potent, but the range in potency depends on the source flower and the extraction techniques used.
What You Will Need to Decarboxylate Shatter
An oven-safe dish or baking sheet
An oven thermometer (optional)
Parchment paper or silicone matt
Silicone cup or tray
1 gram -cannabis concentrate Shatter
How to Decarboxylate Shatter
1. To start the process, preheat your oven to 240°F.
2. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone matt. Place the Shatter in the center of the baking sheet inside a silicone tray or cup.
3. Put the baking sheet in the oven and allow it to heat for around 40 minutes. Wait for the cannabis concentrate to melt completely.
4. When the Steady bubbling starts to slow or stop it’s time to take the Shatter out of the oven. Don’t allow the concentrate to cook for too long, cannabis concentrates that get too hot will degrade.
5. After the Shatter is removed from the oven, let the concentrate cool for a few minutes.
6. The concentrate is decarbed and ready for infusion.
Thank you and Happy Infusing.