Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to Make a 60 minute QWET Tincture
This method of extraction is easy to do with great results. In this video you will find out why dry ice is the key to a 60 minute QWET, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully make a 60 minute QWET tincture using dry ice.
Thank you and let’s get infused……….
Why Dry Ice is the Key to a 60 minute QWET
Freezing the Cannabis flower and the ethanol in the dry ice overnight allows more amber trichomes to break off the flower from the cold temps of the dry ice, they are captured in the ethanol wash. The wash is filtered in the Buchner filtration system and ready for the ethanol purge in the Source Turbo.
Fact: Wear insulated gloves when handling dry ice to prevent frost bite.
Chef’ Notes: Ensure adequate ventilation so that pressure build-up does not rupture the cooler used to hold the dry ice, ethanol and cannabis.
What you will need to make a 60 Minute QWET tincture
Mason jars x 3
Buchner filtration system
Source Turbo (using the vacuum)
Stainless steel coffee filter
110 mm slow filter paper
420 Extractor (ethanol)
How to do a QWET –Using Dry Ice
1. Pour the 420 extractor into the two mason jars.
2. Gently break up the cannabis flower and do not crush into a fine powder. Too much will damage the cell walls of the flower and cause undesirables to leak into the wash.
3. Put the cannabis flower in the third Mason jar and place all jars in the freezer before placing the jars into the dry ice cooler.
4. Remove the cooled Mason jars from the freezer and place into the dry ice cooler.
5. Place the Mason jars as close to the dry ice as possible.
6. Cover the mason jars and dry ice with unfolded newspapers.
7. Leave the Mason jars in the dry ice cooler 12 hours.
8. Remove the cannabis and one ethanol Mason jar from the dry ice and pour the frozen ethanol over the frozen cannabis.
9. Place the Mason jars back into the dry ice cooler for 60 minutes.
10. Remove the Mason jar and pour the cannabis mixture into the stainless steel coffee filter or paper coffee filter into a clean Mason jar. Place the QWET Tincture back into the dry ice cooler.
11. Take the strained cannabis and add the second mason jar of ethanol to the cannabis flower.
12. Place the second mixture back into the dry ice cooler for 60 minutes. Agitating every 5 minutes
13. Remove from the dry ice cooler and strain the wash with the stainless steel coffee filter or a coffee filter into a clean jar.
14. The second QWET tincture back into the dry ice cooler with the first QWET tincture.
15. The wash is ready to be run through the Buchner filtration system.
16. Set up the Buchner filter and attach to the Source Turbo for a vacuum to operate the filter.
17. Place a filter paper in the Buchner ceramic top and prim the filter with alcohol.
18. Next Remove the first wash jar from the freezer and immediately pour the contents into the Buchner Ceramic Top with the primed filter. Pour the contents from the flask into a clean jar.
19. Replace the filter and prim the new filter, remove the second wash from the freezer and pour into the Buchner ceramic with the primed filter.
20. Compare the two washes and determine if you want to add the two washes together for extraction.
21. The Tincture is ready to be placed into the Crucible in the Source Turbo for evaporation.
Fact: Dry ice will give you a far superior product in a lot less time!