Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to Make Blueberry Orange Simple Syrup (THC Lean)
This is the most popular way to make Simple Syrups or Canna Syrups. In this video you will find out why Blue Berry Orange simple syrup is called Blood Berry what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully infuse Simple Syrups with potent contentrates.
Thank you and let’s get infused.
Why Blue Berry Orange is called Blood Berry
Blood oranges pair well with all types of less acidic fruit. Certain fruits attenuate blood orange’s tartness, therefore: the blueberries sweetness is a marriage with the blood orange sour and tart notes creating a flavor called blood berry.
Fact: Malic acid and citric acid in blood oranges give the fruit a sour and tart taste.
Chef’s Notes: Canna syrups can be sweet or sour depending on the flavorings used. Natural flavorings, real fruit and sweeteners like honey can also be used instead of sugars.
What you will need to Make Blue Berry Orange Simple Syrup (THC Lean)
Glass Measuring Cup
Bottles for Syrup
Spatula and wisp
Decardoxylated Concentrate- 1 grams (THC)
1 -1/4 cup of sugar
1 –cup of water
2-Tablespoons of vegetable glycerin
Lorann’s Blueberry Flavoring-1/2 teaspoon
Lorann’s Blood Orange Flavoring-1/2 teaspoon
Food coloring blue/ orange- 1 each drops
Note: Makes about 1-1/2 cup of THC syrup.
How to Make Blue Berry Orange Simple Syrup (THC Lean)
1. Bring the water to a boil; add the sugar turn down the heat until dissolved
2. Turn the heat to a low simmer for 30 mins.
3. Add the vegetable glycerin and stir often for 5 minutes until combined. The mixture will thicken.
4. Add the decarboxylated concentrate and stir.
5. Simmer for 30 minutes stirring often.
6. Add the Blue Berry Favor and stir.
7. Add the Blood Orange Flavoring and stir.
8. Add food coloring
9. Remove from heat let steep for 10 minutes.
11. Bottle the syrup in any air tight bottle or jar.
Storage tips: Syrups make with sugar and water and natural flavors or oils need to be stored in the fridge.
Final Note: Use the THC/CBD calculator and enter your numbers. Keep tract of these numbers and label your final product so you are aware of how much you are taking per dose.