Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to Make CBD Lip Balm with Coconut Oil
This basic lip balm recipe is incredibly easy. Find out why lip balm is perfect for complete facial skin care, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully make Coconut Lip Balm.
Thank you and let’s get infused.
Why Lip Balm is Perfect for Complete Facial Skin Care
This recipe is incredibly easy and makes a lip balm that is firm, yet softens on contact with your lips. Contains CBD infused coconut oil for better hydration and faster healing.
The wind combined with cold and hot weather often leads to chapped and dry lips. So it is mandatory to wear a lip balm for complete facial skin care.
The skin on our lips is thinner than our facial skin. When suffering from chapped and dry lips, using a lip balm with CBD keep lips well hydrated and heal faster.
Fact: It’s perfect for tubes or pots.
Chefs Notes: Moisturizing lips every day is a great way to ensure complete facial skin care.
What you will need
Glass Measuring cup
Tubes and pots
3 Tbsp Beeswax Pellets
2 bsp Shea Butter
4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 to 5 drops of your favorite Essential Oil
1 gram of CBD broad spectrum distillate
How to Make Coconut Oil Lip Balm
1. Use a double boiler or set up a makeshift double-boiler. Fill the saucepan with water. Place a heat-safe glass bowl on top of the saucepan. If you don’t have such a bowl, you can set a glass canning jar into the water instead.
2. Place 3½ tablespoons of coconut oil into the bowl melt the coconut oil.
3. Add 1 tablespoon beeswax pellets; they will be easier to melt. If you are a strict vegan, use ½ tablespoon of candelilla wax instead.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of shea butter this helps make the lip balm more creamy.
5. Melt the ingredients. Wait for the ingredients to melt.
6. Remove the bowl from the saucepan. Set it down onto a heat-safe surface and stir the ingredients together until the color is consistent. You do not want any streaks or swirls.
7.Stir in 1 gram of CBD distillate, mix well.
8. Stir in 5 to 10 drops of essential oil, if desired. You can skip this step if you want to, but the essential oils will give your lip balm a nice fragrance and flavor. Not all types of essential oils are safe to use on skin, but the following types are
Vanilla absolute is sweet and delicious, like a pastry.
Peppermint or spearmint are cool and refreshing.
Mandarin, orange sweet or tangerine, sweet and tangy.
9. Pour the lip balm into clean, lip balm containers.
Thank you and Happy Infusing………..