Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about-How to Make Halloween Orange THC Gummies
This easy method is a great way to make Halloween gummies using concentrates. In this video you will find out why concentrates make very potent gummy, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully make Halloween Orange Gummies.
Thank You. Let’s get Infuzed.
Why concentrates make a very potent gummy
Many recipes online use canna butter and oils loaded with different binders to trying bind oils with water but most are disappointing. A lot of super sweet, made with Jell-O gummies that end up melting because oil and water don’t mix. Gummies made with concentrates don’t require large amounts of canna butter of coconut oils for potency.
Fact: Using concentrates makes a very potent gummy. One gram of concentrates can contain 70 to 90 % THC.
Chef’s Notes: Using concentrates makes a great tasting gummy without the over powering cannabis taste from using large amounts of butter or coconut oil infused with flower.
What you will need to Make Halloween Orange Gummies
Small Sauce Pan
Silicone Wisp and Silicone spatula
Metal mesh strainer
Decorating Bottles for pouring
Glass measuring cup
Chef’s Notes: Using decorating bottles for pouring gummies helps save time filling molds before the candy mixtures sets up.
1/3 cup of sugar
¼ cup of orange concentrate or water
2- Tablespoons of unflavored gelatin
1/2 – Cup of cold water to bloom gelatin
¼ -Cup of Corn Syrup
¼- Teaspoon Citric acid
Orange flavoring (optional)
Food coloring (optional)
Chef’s Notes: The secret to these great tasting gummies is the orange concentrate which gives the gummies a flavor boost of fresh oranges.
Ingredients to seal the gummy bears for storage
How to Make Halloween Orange THC Gummies
1. Prep the gelatin by sprinkling the gelatin over a 1/2 cup of cold water. Gelatin should have the texture of apple sauce. Bloom for 5 minutes and place in fridge.
2. Add corn syrup and sugar and ¼ cup of orange nectar or water to the saucepan. Stir until sugar is dissolved using a Silicone Wisp or Silicone Spatula. Heat the candy mixture on low for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Add ¼ teaspoon citric acid. (Don’t add citric acid until sugar is dissolved)
4. Add unflavored gelatin, still until gelatin is melted.
5. Add the Cannabis concentrate to the candy mixture.
6. Stir slowly not to create air bubbles. Stir till the concentrate is blended into the mixture.
7. Add flavors or colors.
8. Clear off the hard layer of broken gelatin and air bubbles if present.
9. Remove from stove, use strainer funnel to strain the mixture into the fill bottles. Slowly fill the gummy molds.
10. Let molds set and cool 10 minutes before moving to the fridge.
11. Remove the gummies from the molds and place on parchment paper to let dry 24 hrs.
Chef’s Notes: You can bloom gelatin in any cool liquid, usually water, but you can also use juice to flavor the gummies.
How to Seal your Gummies so you store them
1. Pour 420 Extractor or Everclear into a spray bottle.
2. Place the Gummies on a cooling rack and then spray with alcohol.
3. Turn the gummies over and spray the bottom of the gummies.
4. Let dry
Note: Spraying the outside of gummies with alcohol will seal the gummy and give them a protective outer shell to keep the gummies from sticking together in storage or shipping.
Chef’s notes: For the most accurate dosing, make a practice batch first so you know how many pieces your molds and recipe will make. Then, add enough concentrate to get the right number of milligrams per piece.
Thank you and Happy Infusing……………