Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to make Instant Pot Canna Butter/Coconut Oil
This is a fast and easy way to make canna butter and coconut oil at the same time. In this video you will find out why it’s easy to use the Instant Pot for multiple infusions, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully make two infusions at once with the Instant Pot.
Thank You. Let’s get Infuzed.
Why it’s easy to use the Instant Pot for Multiple infusions
As mentioned before there are many ways to make canna butter and the Instant Pot is an easy and fast way to make canna butter. The Instant Pot is also a great way to make small batches of canna butter and coconut oil at the same time.
Decarboxylating cannabis with the Instant Pot is a great way to decarb without the lingering odor of cannabis from using an oven and a baking tray. Once the cannabis is decarboxylated you can use the Instant Pot to infuse the canna butter and the coconut oil at the same time.
Fact: Canna Butter and Coconut oil are very close in infusing times and are perfect match for doing two different infusions at the same time.
Chef’s Notes: Decarboxylation uses a quick release of pressure when releasing steam. The infusion process uses a quick release of pressure when releasing steam.
What You Will Need to Make Two Infusions at Once
Instant Pot glass jar rack
Funnel and strainer
Cheesecloth or nut milk bag
2 Mason Jars
7 grams of Cannabis total 3.5 for each Jar
1/2 Cup- Ghee (clarified butter).
1/4 Cup –Coconut Oil
How to make Instant Pot Canna Butter
1. Break up the cannabis if using flower and no need if using shake or trim.
2. Add cannabis to the Mason jar and tighten the lid. (Don’t over tighten)
3. Place the glass jar rack into the instant pot.
4. Set the mason jars on center of the glass jar rack inside the Instant Pot.
5. Fill the Instant Pot with water just above the cannabis in the Mason jars.
6. Turn on the Instant pot and set to pressure cook and set the temp to high and time set at 40 minutes and do a quick release of the pressure.
7. This will decarboxylate the cannabis and activate the cannabis.
8. Remove the decarboxylated cannabis from the instant pot and let cool.
9. Add the Clarified butter to the decarboxylated cannabis in the Mason jar. Add the Coconut oil to the Decarboxylated cannabis in the second Mason jar.
10. Set the mason jars with the decarboxylated cannabis on center of the glass jar rack inside the Instant Pot. Add more water if needed to cover the butter and cannabis.
11. Turn on the Instant pot and set to pressure cook and set the temp to high and time set at 1 hour with a natural release of the pressure.
12. Remove the mason jars from the Instant pot. (Jars will be hot)
13. Strain the butter and coconut oil with cheese cloth or nut milk bag and pour into butter molds or glass storage containers.
14. Place in the fridge and let the butter and coconut oil solidify.
15. If using butter molds remove from the butter molds and wrap in plastic wrap.
16. Place butter and coconut oil in air tight container for storage in the fridge or freezer.
Storage Tips: If using butter molds- remove the butter from the mold once the butter is solid and wrap with plastic wrap and place canna butter in an air tight container. I highly recommend freezing the butter for longer shelf life over storing in the refrigerator.
Note: Always let the canna-butter sit at room temperature to soften for immediate use. Do not use a microwave to soften the butter.
Fact: Emerald Green bars of canna butter or coconut oil doesn’t mean it’s potent, it just means you have a lot of chlorophyll in the butter.
Chef’s Notes: For maximum clarity, when making canna butter, let the liquid butter drain slowly on its own. Compressing the decarboxylated cannabis in the cheese cloth to try and force out the remaining butter may put small unwanted particles of plant material in the canna butter.
Final Note: Use the THC/CBD calculator and enter your numbers. Keep tract of these numbers and label your final product so you are aware of how much you are taking per dose.
Thank you and Happy Infusing……..