Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to make Instant Pot- Canna Butter
This is a fast and easy way to make Canna Butter. In this video you will find out why it’s easy to make Canna Butter with the Instant Pot, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully make Instant Pot Canna Butter.
Thank You. Let’s get Infuzed.
Why it’s Easy to Make Canna Butter with the Instant Pot
There are many ways to make canna butter,believe it or not using an Instant Pot is an easy and fast way to make canna butter.
The Instant Pot can decarboxylate cannabis without the lingering odor of cannabis from using an oven. Once the Cannabis is decarboxylated you can use the Instant Pot to infuse the cannabutter.
Chef’s notes: There are several quick and easy ways to make canna butter; this Instant Pot method is a fast and easy way to make canna butter.
Fact: Using the Instant Pot also helps prevent scorching the butter and destroying the THC and CBD content by using a select temperature control on the Instant Pot.
What you Will Need to Make Canna Butter with the Instant Pot
Instant Pot glass jar rack
Funnel and strainer
3.5 grams of Cannabis
1 Cup- Ghee (clarified butter).
2- teaspoon-Sunflower powdered Lecithin or liquid
How to Make Instant Pot Canna Butter
1. Break up the cannabis if using flower and no need if using shake or trim.
2. Add cannabis to the mason jar and loosely tighten the lid. (don’t over tighten)
3. Place the glass jar rack into the instant pot.
4. Set the mason jars on center of the glass jar rack inside the Instant Pot.
5. Fill the Instant Pot with water just above the cannabis in the mason jar.
6. Turn on the Instant pot and set to pressure cook and set the temp to high and time set at 40 minutes and do a quick release of the pressure.
7. This will decarboxylate the cannabis and activate the cannabis.
8. Remove the decarboxylated cannabis from the instant pot and let cool.
9. Add the Clarified butter to the decarboxylated cannabis and Lecithin to the manson jar.
10. Set the mason jar with the clarified butter and decarboxylated cannabis on center of the glass jar rack inside the Instant Pot. Add more water if needed to cover the butter and cannabis.
11.Turn on the Instant pot and set to pressure cook and set the temp to high and time set at 30 minutes and do a natural release of the pressure.
12. Remove the mason jar from the Instant pot.( Jar will be hot)
13. Strain the butter with cheese cloth and pour into butter molds. (butter molds optional)
14. Place in the fridge and let the butter solidify.
15. Remove from the butter molds and wrap in plastic wrap.
16. Place butter in air tight container for storage in the fridge or freezer.
Storage Tips: If using butter molds- remove the butter from the mold once the butter is solid and wrap with plastic wrap and place canna butter in an air tight container. Always let the canna-butter sit at room temperature to soften for immediate use. Do not use a microwave to soften the butter.
Fact: Emerald Green bars of canna butter doesn’t mean potent canna butter, it just means you have a lot of chlorophyll in the butter.
Chef’s Notes: For maximum clarity, when making canna butter, let the liquid butter drain slowly on its own. Compressing the decarboxylated cannabis in the cheese cloth to try and force out the remaining butter may put small unwanted particles of plant material in the canna butter.
Final Note: Use the THC/CBD calculator and enter your numbers. Keep tract of these numbers and label your final product so you are aware of how much you are taking per dose