Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to Make Italian Baked Eggplant Parmesan
This is an easy way to make Italian Baked Eggplant Parmesan. In this video you will find out why Italian Baked Eggplant Parmesan is comfort food, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully make Italian Baked Eggplant Parmesan.
Thank You and Lets Get infused…………….
Why Italian Baked Eggplant Parmesan is comfort food
This classic Italian baked Eggplant Parmesan is comfort food at its best. Breaded eggplant slices that are layered with mozzarella, parmesan, basil, and Classic Marinara Sauce with LEVO Olive Oil, and baked until golden.
Eggplant Parmesan is layered much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the place of pasta.
Fact: Keep in mind when frying eggplant, not only do eggplants hold onto moisture, they also absorb oil like a sponge. So if you’re not careful you can end up with something mushy and oily.
Chef’s Notes: Instead of frying the breaded eggplant slices, bake them in the oven, before assembling the casserole to be baked again.
How to Shop for Eggplant
Chef’s Notes: This is what to look for to ensure the eggplant is fresh. Eggplant should have a smooth and shiny skin with no broken skin or bruising. Some give – it should be springy when squeezed lightly and green on the stem end.
What you will need to make Italian Baked Eggplant Parmesan
1 egg plant
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon LEVO extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
2 cups of LEVO Pasta Sauce
¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
Ground black pepper, or to taste
2 cups Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 cup Parmesan cheese wedges
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 large eggs, beaten (more if needed)
1/4 cup LEVO extra virgin olive oil, plus oil the sheet pans
Mozzarella cheese slices
How to Make Italian Baked Eggplant Parmesan
1. Slice the eggplants into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thick rounds.
2. Place the eggplant slices on drying rack or on layers of paper towels.
2. Sprinkle both sides of the eggplant rounds lightly with salt. Set aside to dry.
Prepare a dredging station:
1. Combine 1 1/2 cups of breadcrumbs with 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, and place in a shallow bowl or rimmed dish.
2. Set up the flour in one shallow bowl, beaten eggs in another bowl, and the breadcrumb cheese mixture in another, in that order.
3. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
4. Dredge the eggplant rounds:
5. Spread a tablespoon of olive oil each over the bottom of the baking sheet.
6. Get the dry the eggplant slices that was set aside
7. Working one at a time dredge the eggplant slices first in the flour, then dip in the beaten eggs, and then dredge in the breadcrumb Parmesan cheese mixture.
8. Place on oiled baking sheet.
9. Place breaded eggplant slices in the oven. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes at 425°F, turning the slices over at the half-way point, until they are slightly browned. Let cool.
Assemble the dish:
1. Spread 1 cup of the Classic Marinara Sauce with LEVO Olive Oil over the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Place the eggplant rounds in a single layer covering the sauce on the bottom of the pan.
2. Layer the mozzarella slices on top of the eggplant rounds. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
3. Place another layer of eggplant rounds over the cheese.
4. Spread more sauce over the eggplant rounds. Layer the rest of the mozzarella slices over the sauce. Sprinkle with more parmesan wedges.
5. Next add the remaining eggplant in a single layer on top of the cheese. Top with the remaining sauce and the remaining Parmesan.
6. Bake uncovered at 350°F for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into to serve.
Thank you and Happy Infusing…………….