Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to Make Mason Jar- Canna Butter
This is a fast and easy way to make Canna Butter. In this video you will find out why canna butter made with a Mason jar makes no smell, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully make Mason jar Canna Butter.
Thank You. Let’s get Infuzed.
Why Canna Butter Made with a Mason Jar Makes no Smell
Using a Mason jar to make canna butter is one of the easiest ways to make canna butter with no cannabis smell in your kitchen. The Mason jar is used as a vessel to seal the cannabis and butter inside the jar. Doing this holds the cannabis smell inside the jar and not in the kitchen.
Fact: Heat and time is all you need for decarboxylation and infusing with a Mason jar.
Chef’s Notes: Placing the Mason jar on the side will give the cannabis more surface area to be exposed to the heat in the decarboxylation process.
What You Will Need to Make Mason Jar Canna Butter
Mason jar with lid
Silicone Baking Matt
Butter Mold (Optional)
Instant Read Digital Thermometer
1 Cup Ghee
7 Grams Cannabis Flower
How to Make Mason Jar Canna Butter
1. Preheat the oven at 240ºF and preheat for up to 15 minutes. Place the oven rack in the center position.
2. Place the cannabis in the Mason jar and put the lid on finger tight.
3. Make an aluminum foil trough, and put the Mason jar on top of the trough. This will hold the jar in place and prevent it from rolling.
4. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Shake the Mason jar once half way through to spread the cannabis evenly inside the Mason jar.
5. Remove the Mason jar from the oven after 40 minutes the Mason jar and allow the cannabis to cool for 30 minutes.
6. Combine Cannabis, (Lecithin optional) and Ghee in the Mason jar place lid on tight and shake.
7. Place Mason Jar in pot of water with dish towel or canning rack in bottom of pot to prevent jar from touching the bottom of pot. Make sure water level covers the contents of jar.
8. Bring the temperature up to 175 to 185 degrees.
9. Cook for 2 to 2.5 hours for the best results.
10. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
11. Strain through cheesecloth and pour in a clean Mason jar or butter mold and then place in refrigerator for about an hour until the butter hardens.
Chef’s Notes: If using butter molds- remove the butter from the mold once the butter is solid and wrap with plastic wrap and place canna butter in an air tight container.
Note: Always let the canna-butter sit at room temperature to soften for immediate use. Do not use a microwave to soften the butter.
Final Note: Use a THC/CBD calculator and enter your numbers. Keep tract of these numbers and always label your final product so you are aware of how much you are taking per dose.
Thank you and Happy Infusing……..