Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to Make Potent Concentrates –Using Dry Ice
The Source Turbo is a safe way to make concentrates at home. In this video you will find out why using dry ice helps with yield and value, what you will need to make potent concentrates, and how to successfully make concentrates using dry ice.
Thank you and let’s get infused……….
Why Using Dry Ice Helps With Yield and Value
Using dry ice to freeze and break off the trichomes on cannabis helps with yield and value. The potent trichomes in the flower contain the most beneficial cannabinoids of value.
The cold temps of the dry ice breaks off the amber trichomes from the flower, then the trichomes are captured in the ethanol wash. The wash is filtered and ready for the ethanol purge using the Source Turbo.
Fact: Dry ice creates a superior product with a higher yield and a more potent product!
Chef’ Notes: Dry ice will freeze the trichomes at subzero temps that will yield more trichomes without any unwanted plant material like lipids, waxes and chlorophyll.
Small silicone spatula
Silicone or glass cups for storage
QWET Tincture using dry ice filtered and ready to be placed in crucible
How to Make Concentrates Using Dry Ice
1. Put the crucible in the Source and start the process.
2. Start the Source using the green button or with the mobile app.
3. There are two modes: normal and turbo
4. The app is for viewing temp, vacuum, time remaining and altitude settings. (App is optional and not required to operate the Source)
5. Turbo takes about 2-hours and Normal takes about 4-hours.
6. The Oil remains in the crucible
7. Ethanol is reclaimed for re-use.
8. The oil from the crucible is the foundation for any type of concentrate for infusion. Stop the evaporation process towards the end so you can pour the oil out of the crucible.
9. Pour the oil onto the silicone mat to purge or evaporate any remaining alcohol in the oil.
10. Use a dab stick to whip the oil occasionally to speed up the purging process.
11. The oil is ready to use for decarboxylation.
12. Place the concentrate into glass or silicone cups.
Thank you and Happy extracting……………….