Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to Make Potent Small Batch Concentrates
The Source Turbo is easy to use making small batch concentrates. In this video you will find out why concentrates are so potent, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully make concentrates with the Source Turbo.
Thank you and let’s get infused……….
Why Concentrates are so Potent
Concentrates are highly-potent and often contains THC levels ranging between 70 and 90 percent. Today’s concentrates retain much of the source material’s terpene content. It’s the presence of these terpenes that helps boost the high quantities of THC present.
Fact: Cannabis concentrates are potent due to high levels of cannabinoids, typically THC or CBD.
Chef’ Notes: Cannabis that has the highest terpene content is better for making concentrates. But, like any concentrate, potency and value is dependent on the quality of the source material.
What you will need to make Potent Small Batch Concentrates
Small silicone spatula
Silicone or glass cups for storage
QWET Tincture filtered and ready to be placed in crucible
How to Make Potent Small Batch Concentrates
1. Put the crucible in the Source and start the process.
2. Start the Source using the green button or with the mobile app.
3. There are two modes: normal and turbo
4. The app is for viewing temp, vacuum, time remaining and altitude settings. (App is optional and not required to operate the Source)
5. Turbo takes about 2-hours and Normal takes about 4-hours.
6. The Oil remains in the crucible
7. Ethanol is reclaimed for re-use.
8. The oil from the crucible is the foundation for any type of concentrate for infusion. Stop the evaporation process towards the end so you can pour the oil out of the crucible.
9. Pour the oil onto the silicone mat to purge or evaporate any remaining alcohol in the oil.
10. Use a dab stick to whip the oil occasionally to speed up the purging process.
11. The oil is ready to use for infusions just add to a carrier. (Oil is already decarboxylated)
12. Place the concentrate into glass or silicone cups.
Fact: The Source has altitude tuning. The feature creates an optimal vacuum and temperature balance for peak extraction performance at almost any altitude.
Thank you and Happy Infusing…………..