Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to make Canna Syrups (THC)
This is a fast and easy method to make Canna Syrups. In this video you will find out why canna syrups are versatile and can be an alternative to alcohol, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully infuse Canna Syrups.
Why Canna Syrups are Versatile and can be an Alternative to Alcohol:
Canna syrups are versatile, discreet and potent. Canna syrups can be sweet or sour depending on the flavorings used. Natural flavorings, real fruit and sweeteners like honey can also be used instead of sugars.
THC syrup can be a bit too sticky and sweet for some palates, so it may be a good idea to mix your dose into a beverage such as seltzer water or non-alcoholic drink.
If like cannabis but don’t drink, THC syrup mixed drinks can be a great alternative to alcohol.
Fact: THC syrup can be extremely potent, so it’s not recommended to mix THC Syrup with alcohol.
What you will Need to Make Canna Syrups
1 ¼ cup of water
2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin
1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 to 3.5 grams of chopped up decarboxylated cannabis (THC)
Makes about 1-1/2 cups of THC syrup.
Chef’s Notes: THC syrups are made of cannabis flower, cannabis concentrates and kief combined with vegetable glycerin, sugar, honey, or agave, real fruit or added flavors.
How to Make Canna Syrups (THC)
1. Bring the water to a boil, add the sugar turn down the heat until dissolved.
2. Cut up strawberries and add to the water and sugar
3. Turn the heat to a low simmer for 30 mins.
4. Strain the strawberry syrup.
5. Add the strawberry syrup to the pot.
6. Add the vegetable glycerin and stir often for 5 minutes until combined. The mixture will thicken.
7. Add the decarboxylated cannabis
8. Simmer for 30 minutes stir
9. Remove from heat let steep for 10 minutes.
10. Strain the syrup using cheesecloth and a funnel and mason jar
11. Bottle the syrup in any air tight bottle or jar.
Dose carefully. Pour in any non-alcohol drink and enjoy an elevated alternative to alcohol.
Final Note: Use the THC/CBD calculator and enter your numbers. Keep tract of these numbers and label your final product so you are aware of how much you are taking per dose