Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to Make Soft and Chewy CBD Caramels
This easy method makes CBD infused soft caramels. In this video you will find out why CBD tinctures work great for infusing caramel, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully make soft and chewy orange CBD caramels.
Thank You. Let’s get Infuzed.
Why CBD Tinctures Work Great for Infusing Caramel
Orange flavored caramels have a soft and chewy texture infused with CBD tincture.
Creamy caramels are best eaten slowly, to savor the sweet taste to absorb the benefits of CBD. Soft and chewy CBD Caramels make a great supplement to daily doses of CBD products.
Fact: Humidity in the fridge can ruin caramels always wrap and store caramels properly.
Chefs Notes: Caramels are stable at room temperature but if to warm, caramels can get too soft. Store caramels, well wrapped, in the fridge in an airtight container.
What You Will Need to Make CBD Soft Caramels
8×8 baking dish
Peters Caramel Loaf
Blood Orange CBD Tincture
Course Sea Salt
How to Make CBD Infused Soft Caramels
1. Cut a piece of parchment paper that should be a little less than 8 inches wide and long enough so that it rides over two sides of the dish when inside the dish.
2. Place the parchment paper flat into the baking dish, creasing the paper at the corners
3. Melt the Peters caramel completely (7 to 10 Minutes) remove from heat. Do not exceed 180 degrees.
4. Add the Blood Orange CBD tincture and mix until the caramel is smooth.
5. Pour into the prepared dish and let cool until the surface of the caramel is set and the dish is only slightly warm, about 1 hour.
6. Place the dish in the freezer until the caramel is just firm, about 15 to 20 minutes (do not let it freeze for too long).
7. Run a knife along the edges of the caramel. Using the exposed edges of parchment paper, pull the caramel slab from the pan, flip it over onto a work surface, and remove the parchment.
8. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of sea salt and press gently so that the salt adheres to the caramel.
9. Cut into squares. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer all of the caramels to the baking sheet (making sure they don’t touch) and place in the refrigerator to harden again.
10. Remove from the refrigerator and enjoy.
Fact: Take things slowly with CBD to find the optimal dosage.
Chefs Notes: Everyone’s CBD tolerances are different and while a low dose of CBD tincture works great for some, others will need to dose with much more. Take things slowly to find the optimal dosage.
Thank you and Happy Infusing…………