Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about-How to Make Sweet Potato Pie
This sweet potato pie recipe is a lighter and fluffier pie. In this video you will find out why this pie has a little extra touch of flavor, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to make Pumpkin’s Southern Cousin Sweet Potato Pie.
Thank You. Let’s get Infuzed.
Why this pie has a little extra touch of flavor
It is made in an open pie shell without a top crust. The filling consists of mashed sweet potatoes, heavy cream, sugar, spices such as nutmeg, and eggs.
Other possible ingredients include vanilla or lemon extracts. The baked custard filling may vary from a light and silky to dense, depending on the recipe’s ratio of mashed potato, milk and eggs.
Fact: A good, basic sweet potato pie is sweet potatoes and homemade crust, but this pie will have a little extra touch of flavor, by adding a bit of bourbon and infused butter.
Chef’s Notes: It’s served plain or with a dollop of ginger whipped cream.
What you will need to make Sweet Potato Pie
1 9-inch refrigerated pie crust or frozen deep dish
2 Cups of Sweet Potato
1/3 cup of LEVO butter, melted
3 large eggs
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons bourbon
1 generous teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground dry ginger
Pinch ground cloves
For the topping:
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground dry ginger
Candied pecans, to garnish
How to make Pumpkin’s Southern Cousin Sweet Potato Pie
Heat the oven to 425.
1. Add two cups of sweet potato puree to a Large Bowl.
2. Add the LEVO melted butter, eggs, heavy cream, bourbon and vanilla.
3. Mix until the mixture begins to look light and fluffy.
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl; add both sugars, the cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
5. Combine and fully incorporate the final ingredients.
6. Place the prepared pie crust on a baking sheet, then transfer the sweet potato mixture into it.
7. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the filling jiggles just slightly at the center.
8. Let cool to room temperature.
9. When ready to serve, prepare the gingered whipped cream.
10. In a large bowl, combine the cream, sugar and ginger. Use a whisk or electric mixer to whip until stiff peaks form.
11. Mound the whipped cream over the cooled pie, and then sprinkle with candied pecans.
Now this is Pumpkin’s Southern Cousin Sweet Potato Pie, really tastes great.
Thank you and Happy Infusing…..