Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to Make Small Batch Rosin Chip Cannabutter
This small batch recipe uses rosin chips to make canna butter. In this video you will find out why it’s easy to make canna butter from rosin chips, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully make rosin chip canna butter.
Thank You. Let’s get Infuzed.
Why it’s Easy to Make Canna Butter from Rosin Chips
It’s quite easy to make canna butter with rosin chips. The process is pretty much the same as making canna butter with cannabis flower.
Smashed pucks still contain cannabinoids and terpenes but there’s less to extract from a puck. This small batch recipe uses pucks that were pressed for 180 seconds.
Fact: To fully activate the THC, the rosin chips need to be decarboxylated. See the video How to decarboxylate rosin pucks.
Chef’s Notes; Cannabis infused butter, or cannabutter, is one of the easiest and most common ways to make edibles. Using rosin chips is pretty much the same as making canna butter with cannabis flower.
What you Will Need to Make Rosin Chip Cannabutter
Butter mold (optional)
14 grams rosin chips
!/2 Cup Clarified butter
Chef’s Notes: As with any recipe add more or less cannabis to increase or decrease the potency.
How to Make Rosin Chip Canna Butter
1. To fully activate the THC, the rosin chips need to be decarboxylated, necessitating the need for the baking sheet. Once decarboxlated, it is time to infuse.
2. Fill up the bottom of the double boiler with water until the level reaches the bottom of the bowl. Bring water to a boil.
3. Once boiling, turn the heat on low and add the butter. After the butter has melted, add the decarboxylated rosin chips to the butter.
4. You will need to let this cook on low for 120 minutes to 150 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
5. After 2 hours or so take it off the heat and let cool.
6. Place the strainer funnel and cheesecloth over a container and pour cannabutter through it. Do not squeeze the rosin chips to get the remaining butter out. Let gravity drain out all butter.
7. Pour the butter into a clean Mason jar or butter mold and then place in refrigerator for about an hour until the butter hardens.
Chef’s Notes: If using butter molds- remove the butter from the mold once the butter is solid and wrap with plastic wrap and place canna butter in an air tight container.
Note: Always let the canna-butter sit at room temperature to soften for immediate use. Do not use a microwave to soften the butter.
Thank you and Happy Infusing…………….