Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- Smashing Gary Payton on the NugSmasher Mini
This is the third smash on the NugSmasher Mini. In this video you will find out why this coveted hybrid provides an even-keeled rosin experience, what you will need from your kitchen, and how to successfully Smash Gary Payton on the NugSmasher Mini.
Thank you and let’s get infused.
Why this hybrid provides an even-keeled rosin experience.
Gary Payton is a coveted hybrid cannabis strain named after the NBA Hall of Famer. This strain combines the Y X Snowman genetics for a potent, flavorful, and colorful strain with high amounts of THC. The combination provides an even-keeled rosin experience.
This flowers aroma is spicy yet sweet and has a savory diesel flavor with a light herbal ending. The flowers are small grape-shaped minty green nugs with bright orange hairs and a coating of frosty crystal trichomes.
What you will need to Smash Gary Payton
Silicone or Glass storage cups
Rosin collection plate
Digital scale (optional)
3.5 Grams of fresh Gary Payton cannabis flower
How to Smash Gary Payton on the NugSmasher Mini
1. Turn on the NugSmasher Mini and set the temp to 207 degrees. Make sure the plates are together to ensure even heating.
2. Choose correct micron rosin bag- I will use a 120 micron 3.5 gram bag.
3. Bags are loaded or bottle/barrel-tech style (upright so that you end up with the round coin like puck once fully pressed).Folding in the bottom corners of the bag to create a barrel shaped bag, leaving about a half inch on top off the bag to fold over like a present. (Cut if needed to get ½ inch)
4. Lower the plates to the height of the bag. Load the pre folded parchment paper onto the plates. Load the rosin bag into the press. Place the last fold towards the front of the press
5. Apply a little bit of pressure to preheat the flower for 30 seconds.
6. After preheating for 30 seconds, gradually increase pressure, reaching a maximum PSI toward the end of the press. It’s important to gradually ramp up to full pressure, which helps maintain a steady flow of rosin throughout the press. If full pressure is applied to early there’s a risk of a blowouts and a will stop the even flow of rosin.
7. The total duration of the press should be in the 90-120 second range, or continue to press as long as rosin is still flowing onto the parchment paper
8. Collect the rosin with a dab stick from parchment paper from a cold collection plate.
9. Weigh the final product and figure out the yield. (optional)
9. Place in plastic on the parchment paper for curing or dab right away.
Fact: The most important thing to remember when packing the rosin bag with flower is to eliminate any air gaps and empty spaces in between pieces of cannabis material. Make sure the bottom corners are filled and packed evenly along the sides and bottom of the bag.
Chefs Notes: Make sure flower is close to 62% humidity or a little higher. This makes a big difference with quality and yield. Press quality flower through 120 & 160 micron screens.
Possible yields with quality flower
Thank you and Happy Infusing………………