Hello I’m Chef Sky from Infuzed Cookin. Welcome to my Colorado kitchen.
Today we are going to talk about- How to make Source Turbo Concentrates –For Edibles
The Source Turbo is a safe way to make concentrates at home. In this video you will find out why concentrates work great for edibles, what you will need to make potent concentrates, and how to successfully make concentrates with the Source Turbo.
Thank you and let’s get infused……….
Why Concentrates Work Great for Edibles
Combining concentrates with a carrier for infusion makes a cleaner, better tasting edible with more control over potency. Concentrates contain very little unwanted plant material and when adding concentrates to a carrier this makes a tasty and potent high quality product.
Chef’ Notes: Using concentrates requires less fatty carrier oils for the infusions making a better tasting edible.
Small silicone spatula
Silicone or glass cups for storage
QWET Tincture filtered and ready to be placed in crucible
How to make concentrates at home
1. Put the crucible in the Source and start the process.
2. Start the Source using the green button or with the mobile app.
3. There are two modes: normal and turbo
4. The app is for viewing temp, vacuum, time remaining and altitude settings. (App is optional and not required to operate the Source)
5. Turbo takes about 2-hours and Normal takes about 4-hours.
6. The Oil remains in the crucible
7. Ethanol is reclaimed for re-use.
8. The oil from the crucible is the foundation for any type of concentrate for infusion. Stop the evaporation process towards the end so you can pour the oil out of the crucible.
9. Pour the oil onto the silicone mat to purge or evaporate any remaining alcohol in the oil.
10. Use a dab stick to whip the oil occasionally to speed up the purging process.
11. The oil is ready to use for infusions just add to a carrier. (Oil is already decarboxylated)
12. Place the concentrate into glass or silicone cups.
Fact: The Source has altitude tuning. The feature creates an optimal vacuum and temperature balance for peak extraction performance at almost any altitude.